Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Boston Day Trip


What to Do in Boston in One Day

Boston is such a beautiful city. I spent 10 years living in Massachusetts and never really took the time to fully explore this city.
This past week that I was home with my family I decided to change that and spend a full day seeing as much as I could with the help of my friend Des who has basically been everywhere and knows everything.
I am going to break down everywhere we went and the best way to see the most.

  1. Visit the North End. The North End is Boston’s Little Italy and the moment you step on Hanover Street, you can see, smell and feel it. It is filled with pizza, coffee, cannoli, pastries and just amazing people all around.
    Pro Tip: I recommend trying either Mike’s Pastries or Modern. I prefer Modern for cannoli. Also try going to Bricco Salumeria & Pasta Shop. Everything is imported from Italy and they make some of the best sandwiches I have ever had. They have octopus too but I didn’t love it. I lived in Greece for 12 years though. Also make sure you get drinks at Earls and BRING CASH for cannoli.
  2. Boston Public market. Every weekend the street is full of local fruit and vegetables and even fish. My parents had never been and I soon as they saw the prices, they spent the majority of their time there.

  3.   Holocaust Memorial. Walking through the glass towers of remembrance will give you chills. The towers also stand tall to remind us to stand together, stand up for others and hope that the world will never have to endure such tragedy ever again. Seeing the numbers of all the victims, engraved on the walls and reading a small part of what they went through makes you realize the magnitude of this tragedy.
  4. Faneuil Hall and Quincy market. Try some local chowdaaa at Quincy Market. Some of the best food in Boston. My favorite is the mac and cheese stand just because I am obsessed with mac and cheese. Also make sure you enjoy the street performers. There is always something happening around there.
  5.   Acorn Street. Go to Acorn street and take a picture in the most photographed streets in Boston. It is a stone walkway that reminds you of colonial Boston. It was on this lovely street that 19th century artisans and trades people lived.
    My not so little bother and I

  6. Boston Common. Visit Boston Common and hang out in the oldest park in the United States, dating back in 1634. There is also ice skating you can do there.
    Pro Tip: Get a Groupon to save you some money if you want to go ice skating.
    I love this city!

  7. Did someone say shopping?? If you love shopping, you will love Newbury Street. High end shopping or (window shopping) for me. It is an iconic Boston spot so walk around and then head over to the Pru.
  8. Visit the Prudential Center Tower. Other than the mall and amazing food you can find here, head to the skywalk for the best views of Boston. It costs 20$ for adults.
    Pro Tip: Some of the best pizza I have had in the Prudential is located in Eataly

I hope you have a better idea of how to spend your day in Boston. It may be a lot to do in one day, but it is worth it. I did it in the winter with my family, so you got this.

Noteworthy places to visit:

If you want a fancy dinner with a view go to the Top of the Hub.
  1. Visit Boston Public Gardens
  2. Museum of Science
  3. Museum of Fine Arts
  4. Catch a Game at Fenway Park
  5. New England Aquarium
  6. Copley Square
  7. Boston Harbor 
  8. Get Drinks in the Financial District or South End 

And Finally Follow the Freedom Trail which starts at Boston Common and goes through 16 Landmarks. 

I have attached a link where you can go and do a self-guided tour. I do recommend an actual tour though. I learned so much about Boston and I thought it was worth it. Check out Groupon. You might find some deals

https://freetoursbyfoot.com/the-freedom-trail/ 

Do not forget to have fun and enjoy your time there. As always leave each place better than you found it! Thanks for traveling with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment