Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Perfect One Day Itinerary: Bryce Canyon


I think the best part about living in the West Coast of the United States is the proximity to some of the most beautiful natural wanders and parks the country has to offer. 

Peekaboo Loop

I have fallen in love with Utah’s “Big 5” as they call them. The “Big 5” consist of Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands and Capitol Reef National Parks. They are all so different and even though spending one day in each, is not enough to see to explore them at a great extent, it is enough to explore at least a little.

I wanted to give you the perfect one day itinerary for my favorite park which is Bryce Canyon. I am not sure why but the rock formations and colors of the canyon left me in awe.
We usually try to do one easy, one medium and one hard trail. 

Sunrise Point .5mi
We started the day really early and went to see the sunrise at Sunrise Point. It is truly magical and definitely recommend going early. We walked the rim a little and made our way to Sunset Point. Walking the rim feels like a dream. I definitely appreciate it more after I did the other trails and worked for those views. 


Queen’s/Navajo Combination Loop 2.9mi
This is such a stunning loop and it starts at Sunset Point and ends at Sunrise Point. They recommend doing it in a clockwise direction, so if you park your car at sunrise point, walk to sunset and do the Queen’s/Navajo Lopp, you will be right back to your car. 

Navajo Loop
After the loop we had some food and headed over to Bryce Point 

Peekaboo Loop 5.5mi
This was definitely my favorite of all. I absolutely loved Peekaboo trail. It was challenging considering the fact that there was some snow on the ground and Nick may or may not have fallen. The snow/ice was not everywhere though, so you should be fine. It is a steep and ever changing hike. We were so tired. Every time we ascended and thought alright this is it, we are coming to the top, we would go back down to almost the bottom…again. I am pretty sure we did this hike the wrong direction and went counter-clock wise. They recommend clock wise but we were too distracted by the beauty to realize it.  

These are the hikes we did in one day and we would have done more but the cold weather was against us. We visited during Thanksgiving, so I definitely recommend going when the weather is a little warmer and you have more daylight to explore.


We made it back right as the sun was setting and we rushed to go to sunset point, but unfortunately we did not make it. I actually cried because I really wanted to see it but maybe next time.

Let me know if you have been to Bryce Canyon and have attempted any of those trails. 
Happy Hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment